Flying into Charles de Gaulle Airport and wondering how to get to the City Centre of Paris from there? Don’t worry. Before you fill your travel itinerary with all the amazing things to do in Paris, let’s get this crucial piece of planning out of the way. There are many convenient ways to get to Paris from CDG Airport. Let’s explore the options together and choose what’s best for you.
There are several different ways to make the journey from CDG Airport to Paris, and the most efficient option will depend on your travel plans and budget. You can take a train, bus, taxi or rental car. No matter which option you choose, make sure to research the route and plan ahead to avoid getting lost or stranded in an unfamiliar city.
1- RER B
The RER B train is the fastest and most convenient way to get from CDG Airport to Paris. The journey takes around 45 minutes and trains depart every 15-20 minutes. You can purchase tickets at the airport or in advance online. Be sure to validate your ticket before boarding the train, as there are steep fines for riding without a valid ticket.
The RER B line connects the CDG Airport to the following stations:
- Gare du Nord.
Before you board your flight, figure out which station gives you easy access to your hotel or Airbnb.
You can catch RER B from terminals 1 and 2.
At Terminal 1, you have to use the station named Airport Charles de Gaulle 1.
If you are in Terminal 2, get to the station named Charles de Gaulle 2. It’s rather easy to walk from terminals 2A, 2B, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F to station 2.
However, if you’re in 2G, it’s best to take the free N2 shuttle bus to the station
If you happen to arrive in terminal 3, there is a CDGVal Shuttle that you can use to get to terminal 1.
Important things to know:
- A single army are ticket costs euro 11.40
- You cannot use your Metro or Bus Ticket for RER trains
- If caught with the wrong type of ticket, you’ll have to pay a fine/ penalty
- Travel time: 45 minutes
2- Bus/ Roissybus
The Roissybus is a direct bus service that runs between CDG Airport and Paris. The journey takes around 60-90 minutes, depending on traffic, and buses depart every 15-30 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the airport or in advance online. The Roissybus is a convenient option if you’re travelling with luggage, as there is space for baggage on the bus.
Taxis are available at all terminals at CDG Airport and can be hailed on the street in Paris. The journey into the city takes around 45-60 minutes, depending on traffic. Taxi fares are fixed and can be paid in cash or by credit card. Be sure to agree on the fare with the driver before getting in the taxi.
Paris airport taxi rides at CDG are charged at a flat rate, and cost 55€ if your destination is on the right bank, and 60€ if it’s on the Left bank of Paris.
While taxis are an option, remember that Paris is a congested city, and you may get caught in traffic jams. Therefore, it may not be a good option for visitors who are pressed for time.
Taxis are ideal for travellers who have a lot of luggage and/ or are travelling with children or people with mobility issues.
You can also book a taxi in advance. With a little planning, it can be a hassle-free experience. Here are some of the best taxi companies in Paris:
4- Rental Car
Renting a car is a good option if you’re planning to explore outside of Paris during your trip. There are several car rental companies located at CDG Airport, and you can book in advance or rent a car on arrival. Be sure to have a valid driver’s license and insurance. Driving in Paris can be challenging, so it’s best to avoid rush hour in Paris. Moreover, it’s best to use public transportation within the city and use your rental car only for trips outside Paris
There are a few things to keep in mind when renting a car in Paris.
- First, be sure to have all the necessary paperwork in order.
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance
- Credit card
- Be aware of local traffic regulations.
Here are some of the best car rental options in Paris.
- While there are many rental car companies to choose from in Paris, SIXT Rent a Car is one of the best. With a wide range of vehicles to choose from and competitive rates, SIXT makes it easy to find the perfect car for your needs
- ZIPCAR is another great option for rental cars in Paris. With hourly or daily rates available, ZIPCAR is perfect for short trips around the city.
- HERTZ offers a variety of different sized cars to choose from for longer tips.
- FIREFLY and AVIS are also great options for rental cars in Paris. Both companies offer a variety of different sized vehicles and competitive rates.
- Enterprise Rent a Car is another excellent choice for those looking for a reliable and affordable rental car in Paris. With a wide selection of vehicles and competitive rates, Enterprise is a great option for those looking for a quality rental car.
Check out these fun things you can do in Paris during your trip
- If you’re an art lover, visit some of the best museums in Paris
- If you love a bargain, explore some Parisian flea markets
- If you’re a foodie, check out these food tours and experiences to try in Paris
- If you have extra time, venture out of Paris on a few day trips
- If you’re on a budget, check out these free things to do in Paris.